Sloan-Hendrix School Photo Archive

Honoring the past helps us appreciate the present and look forward to the future.  Sloan-Hendrix, established in 1899, has been the center of community life in the Imboden area for over 100 years.  It is the hope of school patrons that it continue to be so.  Although much has changed in the Imboden area since these photos were taken, one thing that hasn't is the knowledge that with community support, Sloan-Hendrix will continue to offer a quality education. 


The following photos
courtesy of Jeff Cameron

 


Sisters Bobbie (DePriest) Jean and Sue (DePriest) Smith showing Angus cattle on the Sloan-Hendrix campus at the April Calf Show, circa 1949.  They are standing close to where home base is now on the baseball field.  The cattle belonged to L. A. Sloan.  The photograph and information were provided by Ralph and Bobbie Jean.
 

The 1916 Basketball Stars of Sloan-Hendrix.
Photograph courtesy of Bob Vance.


The following photographs
courtesy of the Starr Family

Taken from "The Girl Graduate" senior memory book.
 
Sloan-Hendrix
Academy Letter
 
The Pasture Ballpark
1920-21
Sloan-Hendrix
Academy
Ball Team
 
Sunday afternoon
excursion to
Ravenden Springs
 
Winter
at
SHA
The Imboden
Depot
circa WWI
Homecoming
Queen
Daphine
Stewart (Starr)
 
SHA
Class of 1921
SHA
Class of 1908
Back of the
Dormitory
On the way to
ball practice.

 


Interesting historical photos of Sloan-Hendrix that you would like to submit to this archive may be brought to the high school.


Click to return to Sloan-Hendrix School District Home Page